Tomarrow starts national Turn off your TV week. From April 20th- 26th you turn off your tvs and find something better to do. Ok thats not too bad, the statistics were what KILLED me!
Some fast television facts:
* Number of 30-second commercials seen in a year by an average child: 20,000
* Number of minutes per week that parents spend in meaningful conversation with their children: 38.5
* Number of minutes per week that the average child watches television: 1,680
* Percentage of children ages 6-17 who have TV’s in their bedrooms: 50
* Percentage of day care centers that use TV during a typical day: 70
* Hours per year the average American youth spends in school: 900 hours
* Hours per year the average American youth watches television: 1500
* Percentage of Americans that regularly watch television while eating dinner: 66
I mean seriously, isnt that insane? I know my kids watch too much tv. I can blame only getting 5 hours of day light a day in winter all i want to. Fact is, i let my kids watch tv during the day. And this is just sad.
So everyone. Participate in turn off your tv week. There are tons of things to do.
Blow bubbles. Go outside, hit up a park, have a picnic dinner outside, feed some ducks, go for a walk. You need some Ideas? I have written a million over here. And ill link you to them, click one, get some ideas, go and do some things with your kids! TURN OFF THE TV!
Mothers day Crafts– Make something for mom this year, Much more meaningful then a store bought gift!
Making your own Edible Christmas Ornaments– a bit out of season, but it might be fun to make them into OTHER shapes for the season.
Ok those are ALL things i have written about things to do with your kids and your family. God if i can think up that many, what can YOU think of? Take some ideas and run with them!!! So come on, turn off the old TV and get your BRAINS moving!